Silverlight consolidated problem report

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lloyd Sheen, Feb 28, 2009.

  1. Lloyd Sheen

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    Overall problem is that Silverlight is not being recognised by some sites.

    IE8

    1. MS sites do not see Silverlight
    http://silverlight.net/

    IE8 - shows install panel
    Chrome - while there is no actual Silverlight on site there is no
    install panel (it knows it exists)

    2. http://www.aurafashion.com/

    IE8 - shows install panel (looks old)
    Chrome - no problem

    3. http://www.connectiongroup.de/

    IE8 - shows Silverlight
    Chrome - shows Silverlight

    4. http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/

    IE8 - shows Silverlight
    Chrome - shows Silverlight

    I guess questions are:

    Is http://silverlight.net/ an MS site? Why does it not detect Silverlight
    in IE?

    Is Silverlight ready for prime time. I know the US presidential inogoration
    used it but I am not the only person I know where this app is not always
    detected.

    The fact that MS does the worst job of detecting Silverlight is really
    disturbing. One would think they would get it.

    LS

    Lloyd Sheen, Feb 28, 2009

  2. Lloyd Sheen

    Hillbilly Guest