Silverlight consolidated problem report

Lloyd Sheen

Overall problem is that Silverlight is not being recognised by some sites.

IE8

1. MS sites do not see Silverlight
http://silverlight.net/

IE8 - shows install panel
Chrome - while there is no actual Silverlight on site there is no
install panel (it knows it exists)

2. http://www.aurafashion.com/

IE8 - shows install panel (looks old)
Chrome - no problem

3. http://www.connectiongroup.de/

IE8 - shows Silverlight
Chrome - shows Silverlight

4. http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/

IE8 - shows Silverlight
Chrome - shows Silverlight

I guess questions are:

Is http://silverlight.net/ an MS site? Why does it not detect Silverlight
in IE?

Is Silverlight ready for prime time. I know the US presidential inogoration
used it but I am not the only person I know where this app is not always
detected.

The fact that MS does the worst job of detecting Silverlight is really
disturbing. One would think they would get it.

LS