Silverlight question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by David Thielen, Jun 22, 2008.

  1. David Thielen, Jun 22, 2008

  2. David Thielen

    Munna Guest

    On Jun 23, 1:47 am, David Thielen <> wrote:
    > Hi;
    >
    > Is this the right forum for questions of silverlight on ASP.NET?
    >
    > If so, is it possible for a Silverlight 2 application to trigger an
    > ASP.net/ASP.net AJAX event in the page it is embedded in?
    >
    > If so how?
    >
    > thanks - dave
    >
    > david@
    > Windward Reports --http://www.WindwardReports.com
    > me --http://dave.thielen.com
    >
    > Cubicle Wars -http://www.windwardreports.com/film.htm

    HI

    Silverlight can communicate with javascript and vice/verse

    http://blog.paranoidferret.com/index.php/2007/08/15/silverlight-and-javascript-interaction/

    You can call a wcf service which is hosted in same web site...

    Best of luck

    Munna
    www.munna.shatkotha.com
    www.munna.shatkotha.com/blog
    www.shatkotha.com
    Munna, Jun 23, 2008

  3. Hi Dave,

    How are you doing.

    As for SilverLight, so far there hasn't opened dedicated newsgroup for it.
    All the community support resource are put in the SilverLight forum:

    http://silverlight.net/forums/

    some dev and support engineers will also monitor there. Actually, in a long
    term view, we'll put more and more resource to web based forums(both
    development or non-development community).

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .