Silverlight: settings host's background color

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by VRSki@newsgroup.nospam, Jan 27, 2009.

  1. Guest

    I created a Silverlight application, which is hosted by an ASP.NET app
    (default IDE settings for creating a Silverlight app). There are 2 projects
    created by default: ASP.NET (hosting the Silverlight control) and the
    Silverlight project with the control's code.

    I'd like to set the background of the entire page as it appears on user's
    browser to a certain color. Setting the background color on the Silverlight
    control itself, only paints the controls area, but the rest of the background
    is still the default white.

    I tried different things:
    - setitng the style in every <div> I could find in the asp.net side
    - setting the silverlight control:
    <asp:Silverlight ID="Xaml1" runat="server" ... PlugInBackColor="..." />
    and
    <asp:Silverlight ID="Xaml1" runat="server" ... BackColor="..." />

    What am I missing? I noticed, in the App code (Silverlight), I can get
    access to Host.Background, but it's readonly.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    VR
    , Jan 27, 2009

  2. Bob Barrows Guest

    wrote:
    > I created a Silverlight application, which is hosted by an ASP.NET app

    recommended practice), but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
    ASP.Net is a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be
    lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your
    question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to
    a newsgroup where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

    to help you.

    --
    HTH,
    Bob Barrows
    Bob Barrows, Jan 27, 2009

    Bob,

    Thanks for the note. My bad -- I should have read the posts firsts. I am off
    to the .NET group now:)

    VR

    "Bob Barrows" wrote:

    > wrote:
    > > I created a Silverlight application, which is hosted by an ASP.NET app

    > There was no way for you to know it (except maybe by browsing through
    > some of the previous questions before posting yours - always a
    > recommended practice), but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
    > ASP.Net is a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be
    > lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your
    > question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to
    > a newsgroup where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest
    >
    > microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.
    >
    > There are also forums at www.asp.net where you can find a lot of people
    > to help you.
    >
    > --
    > HTH,