    I can see how to make very basic Silverlight objects but please can someone
    explain how I get the necessary files from Blend to publish on my website.

    jaezms

    jaems, May 18, 2008

  2. There are already a large number of Silverlight tutorials, blogs, videos,
    and much more. Suggest you start at the Silverlight.net website and organize
    yourself a learning campaign.
    Peter

    Peter Bromberg [C# MVP], May 19, 2008

  3. jaems

    Leon Mayne Guest

    "jaems" <> wrote in message
    > As a newish user of asp.net on a hosted website I was looking at
    > experimenting with Silverlight
    >
    > I have watched the begginers videos on http://silverlight.net/Learn/ and
    > am ready to get started using Espression Blend 2.5
    >
    > I can see how to make very basic Silverlight objects but please can
    > someone explain how I get the necessary files from Blend to publish on my
    > website.

    I could be wrong, but I *think* Expression Blend is just for the design
    aspect of Silverlight, i.e. editing the XAML for the control. If you want to
    make it actually do something and publish the control to the web then you'll
    need to use Visual Studio 2008 with the latest silverlight SDK beta
    installed:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...8E-9C0B-4090-A1DB-F134D9F095FD&displaylang=en
    I don't think the SDK installs into the express editions of Visual Studio,
    so you'll need at least Visual Studio Standard Edition.

    --
    Leon Mayne
    http://leon.mvps.org/

    Leon Mayne, May 19, 2008