    going to be able to include SilverLight controls on an aspx page?

    Or can I mix xapl pages with aspx pages on the same site?

    Thanks
    Cal Who, Jun 22, 2010

  2. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest

    Never mind. I've been reading for two days and as soon as I post I find the
    answer.

    which is: yes

    http://forums.silverlight.net/forums/p/9672/31725.aspx

    Cal Who, Jun 22, 2010

  3. Cal Who

    Hillbilly Guest

    Are you saying the bold text in that reply to a question submitted to a
    forum has actually allowed you to integrate a Silverlight User Control into
    an existing ASP.NET web forms page?

    Hillbilly, Jun 24, 2010
  4. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest

    I don't understand your reference to "bold text" but yes I added a
    silverelight project to my website solution and uses the controller it made
    in and existing .aspx page.

    You find that surprising??

    Cal Who, Jun 24, 2010
  5. Cal Who

    Hillbilly Guest

    Not surprising but not able to dive into what actually works and what
    doesn't and as we all know what is said on a forum may not be a repeatable
    solution.

    The point being in this context, taking an existing ASP.NET Web forms
    "website" and integrating a Silverlight User Control into an existing .aspx
    page.

    Hillbilly, Jun 24, 2010
  6. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest

    I don't understand what you are not saying but maybe implying.
    If you think this is not a good idea I'd sure like to know.
    If the answer to my original post is really "No" then I'd definitely would
    like to know that.

    What I did was the following:

    In vs2010 I clicked on the solution containing my web site.

    It gave me options and I picked the following:
    C#/Silverlight/SilverlightApplication

    Clicked OK and the resulting dialog asked:
    Host the Silverlight application in a new or existing web site solution?
    with my solution name in the dropdown list

    I left all that selected and also the option to
    add a test page

    As I remember it generated a aspx page in my solution.
    As it turned out I already had an aspx page so I cut and pasted the code
    into it. And deleted the page it created.

    Do you see a problem?

    Thanks

    Cal Who, Jun 25, 2010
  7. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest

    Could you just restate what you mean in different words? I'd can't quite
    figure out if you're saying that I may run into problems or not saying that.

    Thanks

    Cal Who, Jun 26, 2010
  8. Cal Who

    Hillbilly Guest

    Sorry for any ambiguity Cal, I just haven't made time to learn how to embed
    Silverlight into an existing ASP.NET web form. I'll get around to trying the
    approach you explained.

    Hillbilly, Jun 29, 2010
  9. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest