SilverLight

Cal Who

I've been reading about SilverLight and have run some of the sample kits.
I'm sure I'll eventually find out what I want to know but I'd like a head's
up now.

I have a asp.net website (not the application version) and I wonder if I'm
going to be able to include SilverLight controls on an aspx page?

Or can I mix xapl pages with aspx pages on the same site?

Thanks

Hillbilly

Are you saying the bold text in that reply to a question submitted to a
forum has actually allowed you to integrate a Silverlight User Control into
an existing ASP.NET web forms page?

Cal Who

I don't understand your reference to "bold text" but yes I added a
silverelight project to my website solution and uses the controller it made
in and existing .aspx page.

You find that surprising??

Hillbilly

Not surprising but not able to dive into what actually works and what
doesn't and as we all know what is said on a forum may not be a repeatable
solution.

The point being in this context, taking an existing ASP.NET Web forms
"website" and integrating a Silverlight User Control into an existing .aspx
page.

Cal Who

I don't understand what you are not saying but maybe implying.
If you think this is not a good idea I'd sure like to know.
If the answer to my original post is really "No" then I'd definitely would
like to know that.

What I did was the following:

In vs2010 I clicked on the solution containing my web site.

It gave me options and I picked the following:
C#/Silverlight/SilverlightApplication

Clicked OK and the resulting dialog asked:
Host the Silverlight application in a new or existing web site solution?
with my solution name in the dropdown list

I left all that selected and also the option to
add a test page

As I remember it generated a aspx page in my solution.
As it turned out I already had an aspx page so I cut and pasted the code
into it. And deleted the page it created.

Do you see a problem?

Thanks

Cal Who

Could you just restate what you mean in different words? I'd can't quite
figure out if you're saying that I may run into problems or not saying that.

Thanks

Hillbilly

Sorry for any ambiguity Cal, I just haven't made time to learn how to embed
Silverlight into an existing ASP.NET web form. I'll get around to trying the
approach you explained.

Cal Who

Thanks