Simple Animated Collapsing DIV: Broke in IE

Matt Kruse

http://www.adamrisser.com/test.php
It works perfect in Firefox, but doesnt work at all in IE.

It works for me. I click the collapse link once, something happens at the
bottom. Click it again, and the text collapses.
I do get a JS error, though.
I am not sure what I am missing here.

Nor am I, since you didn't say what you intended to happen!
Any suggestions?

Make a minimal example that still exhibits the problem. Remove everything
that is not necessary to demonstrate what the specific problem is. In doing
so, you may very well solve your own problem. If not, then posting the
simplified example would make it much easier for someone here to figure out
exactly what is wrong.

arisser

Ok i figured it out so I thought I would share.

It turns out the problem was that when the div tried to shrink, it hit
the content and IE wouldnt let it go any smaller. I set over:hidden on
the div I was collapsing and now it works.