    Being new to Perl and CGI, is this possible? Any pointers to
    functions I need to use?

    Thanks alot!

    Navic, May 10, 2004

  2. Navic

    Joe Smith Guest

    Navic wrote:

    > I have a server running on port 5511 that can't be changed. It's
    > output is HTML code. I want to write a script that takes data from
    > the server on port 5511 and displays it to my apache webserver on port
    > 80.

    Port forwarding won't work (since Apache is already using port 80), but
    content forwarding will. You can 'use LWP::Simple;' in your CGI,
    get the data from the other port, and print that.
    -Joe

    P.S. Do not post to comp.lang.perl; go to comp.lang.perl.misc instead.

    Joe Smith, May 10, 2004

  3. Navic

    Guest

    (Navic) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I have a server running on port 5511 that can't be changed. It's
    > output is HTML code. I want to write a script that takes data from
    > the server on port 5511 and displays it to my apache webserver on port
    > 80.
    >
    > Being new to Perl and CGI, is this possible?

    Why do you think that CGI would be the way to go about this? Why not
    just mod_proxy?

    here.

    , May 11, 2004