Simple CGI port forwarding question

Navic

I have a server running on port 5511 that can't be changed. It's
output is HTML code. I want to write a script that takes data from
the server on port 5511 and displays it to my apache webserver on port
80.

Being new to Perl and CGI, is this possible? Any pointers to
functions I need to use?

Thanks alot!

Joe Smith

Navic said:
I have a server running on port 5511 that can't be changed. It's
output is HTML code. I want to write a script that takes data from
the server on port 5511 and displays it to my apache webserver on port
80.

Port forwarding won't work (since Apache is already using port 80), but
content forwarding will. You can 'use LWP::Simple;' in your CGI,
get the data from the other port, and print that.
-Joe

P.S. Do not post to comp.lang.perl; go to comp.lang.perl.misc instead.

nobull

I have a server running on port 5511 that can't be changed. It's
output is HTML code. I want to write a script that takes data from
the server on port 5511 and displays it to my apache webserver on port
80.

Being new to Perl and CGI, is this possible?

Why do you think that CGI would be the way to go about this? Why not
just mod_proxy?

here.