Simple Challenge - Working with image coordinates and dynamic linking.

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by newsgroupsKILLSPAM@rudicheow.com, Dec 19, 2004.

  1. Guest

    (*** apologies for the X-Post, but I felt it was relevant to all the
    groups ***)

    Hi guys,

    Would really appreciate some guidance with this.

    I have a page with a large centre-aligned image on it. I want a
    functionality whereby users can click their mouse on any point in this
    image and it would then show a virtual mouse pointer at the place where
    they clicked it. If they were to click somewhere else, the position of
    the virtual cursor would change.

    The position of the cursor needs to dynamically generate a link and
    display it in a form field text edit box.

    If that link is then viewed separately, it would launch the same page
    with the virtual mouse pointer at the location where the original
    person placed it.

    Basically I want to be able to have one guy point to a location on the
    image for the benefit of another guy, but graphically as opposed to
    relying on written explanation.

    I can run CGI and PHP scripts if need be.
    Easy-peasy, or can of worms?

    Huge thanks for any help/advice.

    Rudi

    , Dec 19, 2004