simple chart in ASP.net 2.0

ra294

I am working with ASP.net 2.0.
I would like to create very simple charts on my site.
Is there a solution for that in ASP.net 2.0 ?
If not, can someone recommand a simple 3rd party tool ?

Thanks

ra294

Mark Fitzpatrick

ASP.Net doesn't have built-in charting, other than that you have access to
the System.Drawing namespace and can actually draw your own directly, though
you have to perform all the mathematical calculations to design and draw the
chart. There are tons of charting components out there. A few of them are
also included in full component suites. Check out some of the following
sites:

www.dundas.com
www.nevron.com
www.component1.com
www.infragistics.com
www.telerik.com
http://www.dotnetcharting.com/
http://www.xceedsoft.com/products/ChartAN/

John Timney \(MVP\)

The easiest chart I've ever seen is to take some coloured pixels and stretch
them as simple images to represent the data your after as a bar chart.
--
Regards

John Timney (MVP)
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
http://www.johntimney.com

Eliyahu Goldin

OWC (Office Web Components) from Microsoft provides Excel-style charting. It
is free for non-interactive scenarios.

Eric

Eliyahu said:
OWC (Office Web Components) from Microsoft provides Excel-style charting. It
is free for non-interactive scenarios.

I've heard OWC won't work on Vista. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Chris Lithgow

For some time now I am using Nevron Chart for .NET which has support
for both WinForms and ASP.NET. You can use the charting component for
..NET 1.1 and 2.0 development

The Nevron charts are offered in different editions so you can choose
the best to fit your needs. I would suggest you to try the evaluation
www.nevron.com
From Nevron team have confirmed that they will have full support for
..NET 3.0

Regards,
Chris Lithgow

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

ASP.NET doesn't have a built in chart control, but there are some out there
that you could use or you could create your own.
Here's more info:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/BarGraphs.aspx
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/WinformControls.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/02/ASPDraw/default.aspx

Here's an extensive list of 3rd party charting & graphing controls.
I'm sure many of them would fit your needs.
http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/default.aspx?Category=1&tabindex=0

You could also use the new ASP.NET 2.0 ReportViewer control that has a
built-in graph component.
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ReportViewer.aspx

Crystal Reports also has built in charting, although it may be overkill.

amaresh-kumar.ramappa

ra294 said:
I am working with ASP.net 2.0.
I would like to create very simple charts on my site.
Is there a solution for that in ASP.net 2.0 ?
If not, can someone recommand a simple 3rd party tool ?

Thanks

ra294

ra294
You can use infragestic tool to create charts. in ASP.NEt

Amaresh