simple chemistry in python

Astan Chee

Hi,
Im looking for a python module to do simple chemistry things. Things
like, finding the name of elements given the atomic number (and vice
versa); what state the given matter is in depending on certain
parameters; maybe even color of certain elements or even calculating the
result of combining certain elements.
I was looking for something simple, but everything I see seems to be a
full blown chemistry set.
I know I can probably spend a day doing this one element at a time, but
I was wondering if there is already something like this done in a small
scale?
Thanks for any information
Astan

--
"Formulations of number theory: Complete, Consistent, Non-trivial. Choose two."

Animal Logic
http://www.animallogic.com

Please think of the environment before printing this email.

This email and any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this document if you have received it in error. We do not guarantee this email is error or virus free.

Noel O'Boyle

2008/4/30 Astan Chee said:
Wow, that is the jackpot.
Is that color node supposed to be the actual color of the element? or just
representation?

Representation. There are certain de facto standards, such as blue for
nitrogen and so on. Google "CPK colors" for the origin of some of
these.