    am new in programming with Sun ONE Studio 4, Community Edition and
    Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition, v1.4.1_02, how can I use some kind
    of (simple) database.

    C.W.M. Avontuur, Dec 3, 2003

  2. C.W.M. Avontuur

    Andy Fish Guest

    that's a bit of a 'how long is a piece of string' question.

    if you want SQL access from Java, the buzzword you need to know is JDBC.
    just pick a database (oracle, mssql, mysql, whatever), then pick a jdbc
    driver for it, read the JDBC documentation and you're away.

    Andy

    Andy Fish, Dec 3, 2003

  3. Re: Simple database for Sun ONE Studio 4, Community Edition and Java2 Platform, Standard

    http://hsqldb.sourceforge.net

    Thomas Kellerer, Dec 3, 2003