simple db update via web form

epigram

I've got a web form that I am populating from a query (via a SqlDataReader).
This isn't a datagrid or other similar control, its simply a series of
TextBox controls on a page. Most of the examples I have seen thus far have
been dealing with using datagrids, etc. and how asp.net can help you deal
with updates in a somewhat automatic fashion. I have what I consider a more
traditional form (which may mean I am doing this wrong) and my db update is
somewhat complicated because depending on which TextBox's text has changed I
need to perform different update logic.

Most of the updates I have seen have happened in the Page_Load event, but
that doesn't seem appropriate here. I know that I can have event handlers
that get called for every text control but those happen after Page_Load.
What I feel I need to do is in Page_Load determine which TextBox controls
have changed, and then perform the appropriate update logic. Any help would
be much appreciated.