Simple design with MICROBLAZE in Virtex 4

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by saurinjpatel, Sep 18, 2006.

  1. saurinjpatel

    saurinjpatel

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2006
    Messages:

    I have created a simple design using Microblaze, FSL bus (connect Microblze and custom IP) and custom IP ( to receive data from Microblaze). This design is created in EDK 8.1. I moved to ISE 8.1 when my design was ready for implementation.

    In ISE, I have verified my design by "behaviral simulation" and I got expacted result. Then I have successfully generated "system_stub.bit" file (My top level file name in ISE is "system_stub.vhd").

    Now I thought to check my design with "Post-translate Simulation" but I don't know how to creat a test bench for the top level file named as "system_stub_translate.vhd".

    system_stub_translate.vhd lokks like this .....

    library IEEE;
    use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_1164.ALL;
    library SIMPRIM;
    use SIMPRIM.VCOMPONENTS.ALL;
    use SIMPRIM.VPACKAGE.ALL;

    entity lmb_bram_elaborate is
    port (
    BRAM_Clk_A : in STD_LOGIC := 'X';
    BRAM_Clk_B : in STD_LOGIC := 'X';
    BRAM_Rst_A : in STD_LOGIC := 'X';
    BRAM_Rst_B : in STD_LOGIC := 'X';
    BRAM_EN_A : in STD_LOGIC := 'X';
    BRAM_EN_B : in STD_LOGIC := 'X';
    BRAM_Addr_A : in STD_LOGIC_VECTOR ( 0 to 31 );
    BRAM_Addr_B : in STD_LOGIC_VECTOR ( 0 to 31 );
    BRAM_Dout_A : in STD_LOGIC_VECTOR ( 0 to 31 );
    BRAM_Dout_B : in STD_LOGIC_VECTOR ( 0 to 31 );
    BRAM_WEN_A : in STD_LOGIC_VECTOR ( 0 to 3 );
    BRAM_WEN_B : in STD_LOGIC_VECTOR ( 0 to 3 );
    BRAM_Din_B : out STD_LOGIC_VECTOR ( 0 to 31 );
    BRAM_Din_A : out STD_LOGIC_VECTOR ( 0 to 31 )
    );
    end lmb_bram_elaborate;

    architecture Structure of lmb_bram_elaborate is

    So, I don't know how to creat a test file for this kind of interface (BRAM).
    Any one can guide me how to check the system OUTPUT between Synthesis and .bit file generation ??

    I will appreciate ur little effort.

    Thanks

    Saurin

    saurinjpatel, Sep 18, 2006