Simple EJB, stubs, and Websphere studio question

Lar

Please excuse my ignorance - i'm new to EJBs all together..

I'm trying to run a specific WebService client in WSAD (WebSphere
Studio Application Developer). Code was provided by "Mastering
Enterprise JavaBeans" book, chapter 5.

The method below is where i'm hung up on..

private static HelloInterface getStaticStub()
{
// HelloWorldWS_Impl class is generated by
// JAX-RPC stub compiler
Stub stub = (Stub)(new _HelloWorldWS_Impl().getHelloInterfacePort());
stub._setProperty(javax.xml.rpc.Stub.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY,
serviceEndpointAddress);

return (HelloInterface)stub;
}

The JAX-RPC stub compiler is perhaps whats i dont get.

In WSAD, i used a "Generate Deployment and RMIC code", which in turn,
generated stubs for me. However, these stubs are not
javax.xml.rpc.Stub's, they are javax.rmi.CORBA.Stub's.. They dont have
that getHelloInterfacePort() or _setProperty method.

What am i missing out on here? What do i have to do?

My EJB class is examples.HelloBean (if that helps anyone).

as always, any help is greatly appreciated!