Simple File Upload Script

SU_Oran

I found this when searching. I need to have a simple script that will
upload a single file.
It is giving me an error on Set upl =
Server.CreateObject("ASPSimpleUpload.Upload")
It is saying :

Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3)
Invalid class string

Am I missing something? A DLL perhaps?

Option Explicit

Dim upl, NewFileName

Set upl = Server.CreateObject("ASPSimpleUpload.Upload")

If Len(upl.Form("File1")) > 0 Then
NewFileName = "/Upload/" & upl.ExtractFileName(upl.Form("File1"))
If upl.SaveToWeb("File1", NewFileName) Then
Response.Write("File successfully written to disk.")
Else
Response.Write("There was an error saving the file to disk.")
End If
End If
%>

<form method="POST" action="test.Asp" enctype="multipart/form-data">
Select a file to upload: <input type="file" name="File1" size="30">
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Upload Now">
</form>

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Yes, you are missing the ASP Simple UPload component. You must get that
(purchase it? Maybe it's free? Not sure) and install it on the server
before you can use it.

Okay, as it turns out, this is the component from a company that's gone.
You'll have to go with a different component that still exists. You can
find some upload options here: http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2189

Ray at work

SU_Oran

Thank you sir.