Simple formatting question...

The Eeediot

How do I get a number like "131" to appear in a currency format like "$131.00" in a TextBox control?

I know it's simple but I cannot find how to do this in any reference manual.

TIA....

Guest

add a maskedEdite control and set the format you want
to add this rigth clik toolbox and choose customise toolbox you will find
this control

The Eeediot

Hmmm.

That might work if I were using Visual Studio.NET but I'm using Web Matrix.

I ended up improvising by using:

txtTotalSalesYTD.Text = "$" & String.Format("{0:F2}",
CDbl(dreader("TotalSales")))

Guest

Tostring takes standard formatting, so slightly simpler:
cdbl(dreader("TotalSales")).tostring("c")

Bill