    script games, like quizzes, number games etc. that would be good for his
    tutorial. However, now all I can find is more complex games using
    Pygame. Can anyone help me out here?

    William Gill, Dec 22, 2010

  2. On 22.12.2010 17:40, William Gill wrote:
    > I am teaching an 11 year old who wants to learn programming. I chose
    > Python, and it is working well. I seem to remember lots of simple
    > script games, like quizzes, number games etc. that would be good for his
    > tutorial. However, now all I can find is more complex games using
    > Pygame. Can anyone help me out here?

    Recently someone posted this link on the list, which might be interesting:

    http://inventwithpython.com/index.html

    Regards

    Andre

    Andre Alexander Bell, Dec 22, 2010

  3. William Gill

    scattered Guest

    On Dec 22, 11:40 am, William Gill <> wrote:
    > I am teaching an 11 year old who wants to learn programming.  I chose
    > Python, and it is working well.  I seem to remember lots of simple
    > script games, like quizzes, number games etc. that would be good for his
    > tutorial.  However, now all I can find is more complex games using
    > Pygame.  Can anyone help me out here?

    Maybe you can check out the book "Python Programming for the Absolute
    Beginner, 3rd Edition" by Michael Dawson. Its emphasis is on simple
    games. My son is (who is older - just turned 17) is working through it
    now and finding it easy going.

    scattered, Dec 23, 2010
  4. William Gill

    William Gill Guest

    Thanks everyone. These references will help greatly. I was about to
    take some javascript examples and rewrite them in Python.

    William Gill, Dec 23, 2010