    Doug Swanson
    Senior Applications Developer
    Synchrono, Inc
    Doug Swanson, Feb 12, 2004

  2. "Doug Swanson" <dcswanson@_remove_this_surfbest.net> wrote in message
    news:...
    > So I've added a hyperlink to a screen based on a url stored in a database.
    > The problem is that the hyperlink text is not underlined....but it becomes
    > underlined when you hover over it. Small thing but it's what the users
    > want... The screen/window that it is on is a popup window if that makes

    any
    > difference....btw I'm using a literal and emitting the html code on the
    > fly...the same results happen when I use the .NET hyperlink control.
    >
    > here is the text...
    >
    > "<a href=www.cnn.com target="_blank">your link here</a>"

    You probably have some sort of CSS style (either inline or in a CSS
    stylesheet) that is controlling the appearance of an <a/> tag. Look for
    format definitions for the <A/> tag in your stylesheet. You can find it
    there.

    Worse comes to worse, you can use the "style=" parameter to force
    underlining.

    R.
    Richard K Bethell, Feb 12, 2004

  3. Doug Swanson

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    you either have a CSS or a style tag that's overriding the A and A:HOVER
    values

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    Curt_C [MVP], Feb 12, 2004
  4. Doug Swanson

    Doug Swanson Guest

    That was it...thank you very much...I ended up putting a style tag on the
    anchor to override the CSS....

    thanks
    ds

    Doug Swanson, Feb 12, 2004