Simple insert form...

gbattine

Ecuse me guys,
i've a banal question but i've not a response...I'm developing a jsf
application.
i've a table in my mysql db,
with an autoincremented id and some others attributes.
My question is:

I want to insert a row of values in this table,but i can't do it using
a form page,but i have to use 3 page of forms.
How can i reference the same id and insert the same row using 3 pages?
For example,my table has:

id, name,lastname,city,address,profession.

I want inserting in a first page name and lastname,
in the second one city and address
and in the third one profession.

How can i reference the same line?

I want to use transaction support,so i need to store partial query on
each page into an object, to load all in one moment in the last page.
Can you help me with code?
Thanks.

Moiristo

gbattine said:
Ecuse me guys,
i've a banal question but i've not a response...I'm developing a jsf
application.
i've a table in my mysql db,
with an autoincremented id and some others attributes.
My question is:

I want to insert a row of values in this table,but i can't do it using
a form page,but i have to use 3 page of forms.
How can i reference the same id and insert the same row using 3 pages?

Create a javabean with all attributes (name, lastname, city, address,
profession), which you can process after the 3rd page. You can give the
bean 'session' scope, but you can also use the 'uiSaveState' component
in Apache Tomahawk: http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/uiSaveState.html.

relogout

you can also just put the values name,lastname,city in session
and after post the 3rd form
read name,lastname,city from session
and insert these values with address and profession into a column