Simple insert form...

Discussion in 'Java' started by gbattine, Aug 19, 2006.

  1. gbattine

    gbattine Guest

    Ecuse me guys,
    i've a banal question but i've not a response...I'm developing a jsf
    application.
    i've a table in my mysql db,
    with an autoincremented id and some others attributes.
    My question is:

    I want to insert a row of values in this table,but i can't do it using
    a form page,but i have to use 3 page of forms.
    How can i reference the same id and insert the same row using 3 pages?
    For example,my table has:

    id, name,lastname,city,address,profession.

    I want inserting in a first page name and lastname,
    in the second one city and address
    and in the third one profession.

    How can i reference the same line?

    I want to use transaction support,so i need to store partial query on
    each page into an object, to load all in one moment in the last page.
    Can you help me with code?
    Thanks.

    gbattine, Aug 19, 2006

  2. gbattine

    Moiristo Guest

    gbattine wrote:
    > Ecuse me guys,
    > i've a banal question but i've not a response...I'm developing a jsf
    > application.
    > i've a table in my mysql db,
    > with an autoincremented id and some others attributes.
    > My question is:
    >
    > I want to insert a row of values in this table,but i can't do it using
    > a form page,but i have to use 3 page of forms.
    > How can i reference the same id and insert the same row using 3 pages?

    Create a javabean with all attributes (name, lastname, city, address,
    profession), which you can process after the 3rd page. You can give the
    bean 'session' scope, but you can also use the 'uiSaveState' component
    in Apache Tomahawk: http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/uiSaveState.html.

    Moiristo, Aug 19, 2006

  3. gbattine

    Guest

    you can also just put the values name,lastname,city in session
    and after post the 3rd form
    read name,lastname,city from session
    and insert these values with address and profession into a column
    gbattine wrote:
    > Ecuse me guys,
    > i've a banal question but i've not a response...I'm developing a jsf
    > application.
    > i've a table in my mysql db,
    > with an autoincremented id and some others attributes.
    > My question is:
    >
    > I want to insert a row of values in this table,but i can't do it using
    > a form page,but i have to use 3 page of forms.
    > How can i reference the same id and insert the same row using 3 pages?
    > For example,my table has:
    >
    > id, name,lastname,city,address,profession.
    >
    > I want inserting in a first page name and lastname,
    > in the second one city and address
    > and in the third one profession.
    >
    > How can i reference the same line?
    >

    > I want to use transaction support,so i need to store partial query on
    > each page into an object, to load all in one moment in the last page.
    > Can you help me with code?
    > Thanks.

    , Aug 20, 2006