Simple iteration in a function problem

Pit Capitain

Paul said:
Paul, could you please stop being so confrontational?

There isn't one word about Ruby in your post. That places you post in a
well-known category, one that should always be marked [OT].

David's post was about your behaviour here on ruby-talk, which is quite
on-topic.
On the contrary, as I just demonstrated.

To me, yours don't seem to be higher, just different.

Regards,
Pit

dblack

(e-mail address removed) wrote:

/ ...
Paul, could you please stop being so confrontational?

There isn't one word about Ruby in your post. That places you post in a
well-known category, one that should always be marked [OT].

I'll take that as a "No."

Actually my main message isn't to you (it's been pointed out to me
that you're a career troll, doing the same thing in a number of online
forums). It's to the list in general, and especially the newcomers
who might be put off: Hang in there! We're not all like this. You
can get lots of welcome and help from lots of very nice experts here.

David

--
David A. Black | (e-mail address removed)

Blake Miller

Paul, could you please stop being so confrontational?

There isn't one word about Ruby in your post. That places you post in a
well-known category, one that should always be marked [OT].

David's post was about your behaviour here on ruby-talk, which is quite
on-topic.

Yes, but the [OT] can be used to allow filtering posts based on their
relevance to the newsgroup's topic, not the meta-topic of topicality
(always topical).
What does [OT] stand for, and is the appropriate tagging to put it in
the subject? Also, perhaps my post should have been in the Ruby on
Rails forum instead, since I am working on an ROR project, but I thought
it was a general enough Ruby question, so I posted there. Cheers, and
thanks for the help. I think this is the most useful Ruby forum I've
come across.

dblack

Hi Blake --

[...]

It means "off-topic", and don't worry; it wasn't added in reference to
your original post.

David

--
David A. Black | (e-mail address removed)

David Vallner

Technically Not Proper (tm), but some of the more amusing derailings
(punfights, oldbie ramblings) are a nice diversion, and don't seem to be
bullied off.
Also, perhaps my post should have been in the Ruby on=20
Rails forum instead, since I am working on an ROR project, but I though= t=20
it was a general enough Ruby question, so I posted there.

As far as I know, the RoR forum is for questions related to the Rails
API (Where do I put partial templates, how do I connect different
ActiveRecord classes to different databases, that sort of questions.).
Questions that are "general enough" even if they happen to be in a RoR
context should indeed go here.
Cheers, and=20
thanks for the help. I think this is the most useful Ruby forum I've=20
come across.
=20

This is the one gatewayed to the newsgroup and the mailing list (which,
I believe, came first), therefore The Big One, so you're most likely to
find the widest reception and the core Rubydom listening in.

David Vallner

--------------enigDDE7FCD20092F62F48E0E22A

--------------enigDDE7FCD20092F62F48E0E22A--