    Unless anyone can correct any of my assumptions above, or suggest any new
    way to do this, I guess I'll just give up and put in the complete python
    mail client and forget using their default mail client.
    Mark Hahn, Sep 9, 2003

  2. Mark Hahn

    Syver Enstad Guest

    "Mark Hahn" <> writes:

    > I was hoping to use MAPI so that my user doesn't have to deal with
    > setting the mail server, proxy settings, return mail address,
    > etc. and could use their existing addr book (this app
    > is for dummies).

    > Now I just found out that Python's win32all
    > doesn't support simple-MAPI.

    Hi Mark, I suggest you try out ctypes which is a module that makes it
    very straight forward to call C functions from Python. If I remember
    correctly you just need to call a single function, MapiSendMail to do
    what you want to do, so it should not be too difficult.

    If you have already written a Simple Mapi client in C you could expose
    it as a python C extension. There are several good tutorials on
    writing C extensions on the net and the Python C-api is quite nice
    when you get used to it.

    --

    Vennlig hilsen

    Syver Enstad