Simple? Pluggable architecture for POS, registration, "frequent buyers" etc?

Thomas G. Marshall

A friend of mine is making simple web pages for clients only interested in
the basic web presence. She has bumped into a couple clients however that
would like to branch into online purchasing, credit card transactions, and
possible registration for automatic frequent buyer tabulation.

Is there a simplistic (hopefully freeware) product out there to manage most
of that that she could "plug into" her existing pages with only a minimum of
difficulty?

I'm a java engineer, so I cannot help her here, without actually doing the
coding for her. This needs to be something she can do, and I'm unsure where
to start looking. For example, she's very comfortable with HTML, but not
with flash, if that helps any.

Thanks

--
Very old classic: Three men check into a hotel: the
room is $25 for the night. They each hand the bellhop