simple problem with jpype on WindowsXP

Discussion in 'Python' started by curtin, Mar 26, 2011.

  1. curtin

    curtin Guest

    Hi,
    I've got some kind of install problem with jpype ... It should just
    work, but throws a dialog exception, that doesn't give a stack trace
    so not very helpful.

    This should be a simple install issue, but I've searched and haven't
    seen any thing

    import jpype
    p = jpype.getDefaultJVMPath()
    jpype.startJVM(p, "-ea")

    # I choke on the startJVM ... JVM path is correct, I have no issue
    with Java 1.6 installed

    jpype: JPype-0.5.4.win32-py2.7.exe

    windows Python 2.7
    ActivePython 2.7.0.2 (ActiveState Software Inc.) based on
    Python 2.7 (r27:82500, Aug 23 2010, 17:18:21) [MSC v.1500 32 bit
    (Intel)] on win32
    curtin, Mar 26, 2011