    every two minutes)

    thanks in advance.

    , May 27, 2006

  2. The API documentation is here:

    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/

    .... you can also download this documentation if you want it for offline
    reading.

    If you need any other documentation I would also search java.sun.com
    before going anywhere else.

    /philipp

    Philipp Leitner, May 27, 2006

    Thank you very much for the link, at which point my next question is:

    How does one find the appropriate object quickly and efficiently in
    java? Browsing through API documentation in the hope of getting to the
    correct object is not very efficient.

    (VB,VC,PHP all have manuals.)

    , May 29, 2006
  4. chris brat Guest

    That is how you do it until you learn the API.

    The API is comprehensive and logically structured so you can usually
    find what you are looking for easily enough.

    If all else fails Google for what you are looking for.

    chris brat, May 29, 2006
  5. Oliver Wong Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Thank you very much for the link, at which point my next question is:
    >
    > How does one find the appropriate object quickly and efficiently in
    > java? Browsing through API documentation in the hope of getting to the
    > correct object is not very efficient.

    Most browsers let you type in CTRL-F to search for a specific substring.
    Search the class list in the bottom left pane for the name of the class
    you're interested in. Make sure you're in the "All Packages" list, unless
    you intentionally want to restrict yourself to one particular passage.

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, May 29, 2006
  6. Ian Wilson Guest

    wrote:
    > Thank you very much for the link, at which point my next question is:
    >
    > How does one find the appropriate object quickly and efficiently in
    > java? Browsing through API documentation in the hope of getting to the
    > correct object is not very efficient.
    >
    > (VB,VC,PHP all have manuals.)

    You didn't quote context [1] and I can't locate the full thread, so what
    follows may be off-base ...

    I ask my web browser for javadocs.org/ClassName (which the browser
    expands to http://javadocs.org/ClassName) - it has worked well so far
    for all values of "ClassName" I've thrown at it.

    Hope that helps.

    [1]:
    http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=12348&topic=250
    (see quote context)