Simple question: Buidling Web setup project ?

Guest

dear all,

I have build a web application and greate a web setup projet to deploy it.
I have select the option to generate files for network installation.
Based on that I copy generated setup file to my server and proceed with
installation.
Everything works fine, folders are properlw created and IIS virtual
directory succesfully configured.

Now question comes from the next issue: I then copy the previous generated
installation and copied it on CD to deliver it to one customer for testing.
Then I instruct my customer to run setup directly from CD rom.
Based on that I got an error from the setup asking me to verify my virtual
directory setting on IIS ????

In fact runing setup from CD do not create virtual directory folder, I need
to create it manually to be able to install it.

What it is so ?

Does it hande setup dfifferently when running from Cd ?

Thanks to anyone who could help me clarifying that piont
regards
Serge