Simple Question: How to see an Error stack trace in Tomcat... (Struts)

etienno

Hi,

I have a simple probleme, I guees. I have build a simple Java Web App
(Struts, Log4J) with some JSP pages, and I have some difficulty to see
the stack trace of a Java Exception when running a JSP page. If the
page has started to be written, I can see the java exception (I see the
stack trace in a classic error page). But if the page has been started
to be written, per exemple when the the java exception is thrown in the
middle of the JSP page (in a DAO call), I cannot see any stack trace in
the page in the Log4J log or in the console... Tomcat is catching the
Exception but not writing it anywhere...

How can I change this? I would like to see the exception either in the
console or in the jsp page... I could maybe check in the Struts-config
to redirect Exception in a Error JSP page, but I doubt it would work,
because the jsp page has started to be written and cannot be change for
an other one in the process to be written.

Thanks for replying.

Etienne.
Montreal

etienno

You are right, the stack trace is there! This can be fine for me, but
is it possible to reroute this stack trace into the eclipse (IDE)
console?

Thanks anyway.

Etienne.