    It seems to be correct, but when I run the programm the cursor disappear
    until the child process stops.

    Any suggestion?

    Sillaba atona, Oct 31, 2005

  2. Sillaba atona <> writes:

    > I should implement in C POSIX the possibility to have an exec command
    > in background like the command & in bash shell.
    >
    > I simple used a fork+exec without a wait command in the master
    > process. It seems to be correct, but when I run the programm the
    > cursor disappear until the child process stops.
    >
    > Any suggestion?

    I suggest that you ask in comp.unix.programming.

    /Niklas Norrthon

    Niklas Norrthon, Oct 31, 2005

  3. Niklas Norrthon <> writes:

    > Sillaba atona <> writes:
    >
    > > I should implement in C POSIX the possibility to have an exec command
    > > in background like the command & in bash shell.
    > >
    > > I simple used a fork+exec without a wait command in the master
    > > process. It seems to be correct, but when I run the programm the
    > > cursor disappear until the child process stops.
    > >
    > > Any suggestion?

    > I suggest that you ask in comp.unix.programming.

    That should be comp.unix.programmer

    /Niklas Norrthon

    Niklas Norrthon, Oct 31, 2005
  4. Sillaba atona <> writes:
    > I should implement in C POSIX the possibility to have an exec command
    > in background like the command & in bash shell.
    >
    > I simple used a fork+exec without a wait command in the master
    > process. It seems to be correct, but when I run the programm the
    > cursor disappear until the child process stops.
    >
    > Any suggestion?

    Try comp.unix.programmer. fork and exec are not standard C functions.

    Keith Thompson, Oct 31, 2005
  5. Sillaba atona

    Flash Gordon Guest

    Sillaba atona wrote:
    > I should implement in C POSIX the possibility to have an exec command in
    > background like the command & in bash shell.
    >
    > I simple used a fork+exec without a wait command in the master process.
    > It seems to be correct, but when I run the programm the cursor disappear
    > until the child process stops.
    >
    > Any suggestion?

    Only one suggestion, please ask on a group where POSIX is topical, such
    as comp.unix.programmer, not here. On this group we only discus standard
    C, not the extensions provided by POSIX, Windows or any other system you
    care to name.
    --
    Flash Gordon
    Living in interesting times.