simple script - Tkinter question.

Discussion in 'Python' started by jkuo22, Jul 4, 2006.

  1. jkuo22

    jkuo22 Guest

    Hi everyone,

    Here is my simple Tkinter script:

    ## start of entry.py
    from Tkinter import *
    root=Tk()
    e1=Entry(root, width=16)
    e1.pack()
    e2=Entry(root, width=16)
    e2.pack()
    mainloop()
    ## end

    First, it works on win2k. When I run it as 'python entry.py' on linux,
    both 'e1' and 'e2' appear perfectly except I cannot enter any
    character in 'e1' entry, but 'e2' entry is ok.

    Second, when I run it in python interactive shell LINE BY LINE, then
    'e1' and 'e2' entry both can accept user input, no problem! But when I
    copy and paste it into interactive shell, then the first situation
    happens again.

    So..., has anyone ever run into this problem like me? and how do you
    fix it? I use python2.3.4 now.
    Thank you!

    jkuo22, Jul 4, 2006