Simple Scrolling Text Box

Midas NDT Sales

I have been looking at a simple example of a scrolling text box (the one in
the SAM book) as below:

<script language="JavaScript">
var pos=100;
function Scroll() {
if (!document.getElementById) return;
obj=document.getElementById("thetext");
pos -=1;
if (pos < 0-obj.offsetHeight+130) return;
obj.style.top=pos;
window.setTimeout("Scroll();",30);
}
</script>
</head>
<h1>Scrolling Window Example</h1>
is actually a layer that shows a portion of a larger layer.</p>
overflow:hidden; border-width:2px; border-style:solid; border-color:red">
is created with ordinary HTML.</p>
here. They don't even need to be formatted as paragraphs.</p>
is on the screen. You've reached the end.</p>

Try as I might, I cannot modify this to make the text loop instead of stop
at the bottom, can somebody please give me the simple answer.

Oz

To make it loop simply add

if (pos < 0-obj.offsetHeight+130) {
pos = 100;
};

Midas NDT Sales said:
I have been looking at a simple example of a scrolling text box (the one in
the SAM book) as below:

<script language="JavaScript">
var pos=100;
function Scroll() {
if (!document.getElementById) return;
obj=document.getElementById("thetext");
pos -=1;
if (pos < 0-obj.offsetHeight+130) return;
obj.style.top=pos;
window.setTimeout("Scroll();",30);
}
</script>
</head>
<h1>Scrolling Window Example</h1>
is actually a layer that shows a portion of a larger layer.</p>
overflow:hidden; border-width:2px; border-style:solid; border-color:red">
is created with ordinary HTML.</p>
here. They don't even need to be formatted as paragraphs.</p>
<ul><li>For example, you could format items using a bulleted