Simple security question

Guest

Sorry if this is too simple to post…

We’re about to develop a web site where a couple of users want to administer
users access. Users access via a username and password. Assuming that these
users don’t want (and wont be allowed) to manually go into any XML files to
add users etc, what solutions would you suggest for this. They will need to
be able to (in simple terms) :

a) Add / delete new users (username, password, description)
b) Specify whether users are administrators or not

There’s bound to be a simple solution to this looking at me in the face, I’m
sure…

Many thanks,
Andy

Eliyahu Goldin

Andy,

Obviously, there should be a form with textboxes for user name, password and
description, a checkbox for administrator rights and buttons Add and Delete.
These privileged users should be allowed to call this form up and to submit
it.

Eliyahu

Guest

Thanks for the response Eliyahu,
I was actually wondering how this was going to work under the hood.
i.e. Can we use some existing .net framework security mechanismm to aid with
what we require, or do we need to code security from the ground up?

Regards,
Andy

Eliyahu Goldin

Andy,

What sort of users are you talking about? Your site users? Database users?
What else?

Eliyahu

Guest

The web Site users.
As I understand it, only the aspnet user requires access to a sql database,
yes?

Regards,
Andy