    sure…

    Many thanks,
    Andy

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?=, Mar 1, 2005

  2. Andy,

    Obviously, there should be a form with textboxes for user name, password and
    description, a checkbox for administrator rights and buttons Add and Delete.
    These privileged users should be allowed to call this form up and to submit
    it.

    Eliyahu

    "Andy" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry if this is too simple to post.
    >
    > We're about to develop a web site where a couple of users want to

    administer
    > users access. Users access via a username and password. Assuming that

    these
    > users don't want (and wont be allowed) to manually go into any XML files

    > add users etc, what solutions would you suggest for this. They will need

    > be able to (in simple terms) :
    >
    > a) Add / delete new users (username, password, description)
    > b) Specify whether users are administrators or not
    >
    > There's bound to be a simple solution to this looking at me in the face, I

    'm

    Eliyahu Goldin, Mar 1, 2005

  3. Thanks for the response Eliyahu,
    I was actually wondering how this was going to work under the hood.
    i.e. Can we use some existing .net framework security mechanismm to aid with
    what we require, or do we need to code security from the ground up?

    Regards,
    Andy

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?=, Mar 1, 2005
  4. Andy,

    What sort of users are you talking about? Your site users? Database users?
    What else?

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Mar 1, 2005
  5. The web Site users.
    As I understand it, only the aspnet user requires access to a sql database,
    yes?

    Regards,
    Andy

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?=, Mar 1, 2005