    Thank you
    With best regards
    Trimbitas Sorin
    Trimbitas Sorin, Feb 4, 2004

  2. (Trimbitas Sorin) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hello
    > I have a simple syntax question :
    > What does the following line mean:
    > 1: %checkType; ?? I know that @test="" is an array and $test="" is a
    > simple variable.

    I have no idea what program produced that output, but to the best of
    my knowledge, it wasn't Perl. I grepped through the source for a
    version I have lying around (5.6.1, as it turns out) and the string "I
    know that" appears only once in a very unrealted string inside of some
    documentation.

    You may need to refine your question a bit...
    Aaron Sherman, Feb 5, 2004

  3. Trimbitas Sorin

    Joe Smith Guest

    Trimbitas Sorin wrote:

    > I have a simple syntax question :
    > What does the following line mean:
    > %checkType; #??
    > I know that @test="" is an array and $test="" is a simple variable.

    Your question, as posted, made no sense at all.

    I have re-arranged the quote above to match what I think you were
    trying to say. The answer can be found in any intro to Perl. Go to
    http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.8.0/pod/perlintro.html#Basic-syntax-overview
    and look at the section on Hashes.
    -Joe
    Joe Smith, Feb 5, 2004