    How would I keep the static content pushed as much as it's possible to
    the left, given the data in the first TD will flow. Best regards, Dave
    , Apr 11, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > Ok, I basically want this table configuration

    No, you want to achieve a particular layout. You are just assuming that a
    table is the way to do that,

    > How would I keep the static content pushed as much as it's possible to
    > the left, given the data in the first TD will flow.

    The question doesn't make much sense, really. Do you mean that the width of
    the first cell should equal the width of the longest word in it, or would it
    also be permissible to split words across several lines.

    Try explaining the material you really have.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Apr 11, 2006

  3. Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, declaimed:

    > Ok, I basically want this table configuration

    > How would I keep the static content pushed as much as it's possible to
    > the left, given the data in the first TD will flow. Best regards, Dave

    Don't use tables. Use 3 divs, 2 inner, one outer, and float the inner ones
    left.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity can have limits.
    Neredbojias, Apr 11, 2006
  4. JDS Guest

    On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:22:34 -0700, endlesstide wrote:

    > Ok, I basically want this table configuration

    I'll concur with the others and say "you want that *LAYOUT*
    configuration", not "table". You won't get too many people advocating the
    use of tables these days. Well, not for layout. And not in this
    newsgroup.

    In any case, do this: create an image of what you are talking about. In
    photoshop, or MS Paint, even. Draw a couple of boxes and indicate, "text
    here", "left justified here", that sort of thing. Then post the pic to
    the web somwhere and post the URL to the pic here. Then we can help you
    figure out what you want.

    a picture is worth a thousand hens in the bush, and all that.

    --
    JDS | lid
    JDS, Apr 11, 2006
  5. dorayme Guest

    In article <Xns97A1F3CD12CF2httpwwwneredbojiasco@208.49.80.251>,
    Neredbojias <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html>
    wrote:

    > To further the education of mankind, declaimed:
    >
    > > Ok, I basically want this table configuration

    > > How would I keep the static content pushed as much as it's possible to
    > > the left, given the data in the first TD will flow. Best regards, Dave

    > Don't use tables. Use 3 divs, 2 inner, one outer, and float the inner ones
    > left.

    Why parrot religious lines so quickly, you don't even know he is
    not wanting to lay out tabular information.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Apr 12, 2006
  6. dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    wrote:

    > Ok, I basically want this table configuration

    > How would I keep the static content pushed as much as it's possible to
    > the left, given the data in the first TD will flow.

    Depending on what you mean:

    1. By not doing anything to upset the left default behaviour of
    content hugging left of cells.

    2. By limiting the width of the variable content cell so that the
    text (I assume text) wraps.

    3. By - if it is meaningful, though unlikely you would not have
    thought of this - putting the "static content cell" to the left
    of the variable one.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Apr 12, 2006
  7. Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, dorayme
    <> declaimed:

    >> > How would I keep the static content pushed as much as it's possible
    >> > to the left, given the data in the first TD will flow. Best
    >> > regards, Dave

    >> Don't use tables. Use 3 divs, 2 inner, one outer, and float the
    >> inner ones left.

    > Why parrot religious lines so quickly, you don't even know he is
    > not wanting to lay out tabular information.

    Because I'm fast, babe. Awwwck, amen.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity can have limits.
    Neredbojias, Apr 12, 2006
  8. dorayme Guest

    In article <Xns97A2E93077BB0httpwwwneredbojiasco@208.49.80.251>,
    wrote:

    > To further the education of mankind, dorayme
    > <> declaimed:

    > >> Don't use tables. Use 3 divs, 2 inner, one outer, and float the
    > >> inner ones left.

    > > Why parrot religious lines so quickly, you don't even know he is
    > > not wanting to lay out tabular information.

    > Because I'm fast, babe. Awwwck, amen.

    Could you please remove that x-face, it looks too respectable and
    we all know you are most certainly not this.

    O... but Boji, you will be so one day soon, trust me. Officer
    White can have that effect on reprobates...

    :)

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Apr 13, 2006
  9. Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, dorayme
    <> declaimed:

    > In article <Xns97A2E93077BB0httpwwwneredbojiasco@208.49.80.251>,
    > Neredbojias <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> To further the education of mankind, dorayme
    >> <> declaimed:

    >> > Why parrot religious lines so quickly, you don't even know he is
    >> > not wanting to lay out tabular information.

    >> Because I'm fast, babe. Awwwck, amen.

    > Could you please remove that x-face, it looks too respectable and
    > we all know you are most certainly not this.

    Whaddya mean too respectable?! ...And I am so respectable! I don't
    pick my nose in public and always use a spitoon if one is available.

    > O... but Boji, you will be so one day soon, trust me.

    Trusting women gets men into trouble Look what happened in the Garden
    of Eden, and we're still paying for it.

    > Officer
    > White can have that effect on reprobates...
    >
    >:)

    Officer White
    Will run in fright
    When Nered shows
    His fightin' might.

    I can't be a reprobate; I was never a probate.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity can have limits.
    Neredbojias, Apr 13, 2006