Simple user control

Buddy Ackerman

Trying to create my first user control (one that really doesn't do much) and I keep getting an error saying "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." on the line "mylabel.Text = Property2;" in the Page_Load procedure. Seems too simple to have an error but I've managed to do it. What am I missing?

Here's my control:

<%@ Control Language="c#" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="WebUserControl1.ascx.cs"
Inherits="ServerControls.WebUserControl1" TargetSchema="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5"%>

<asp:Label ID="mylabel" Runat=server />

Here's my codebehind:

namespace ServerControls
{
using System;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
using System.Web.UI;

public class WebUserControl1 : System.Web.UI.UserControl
{
public int Property1 = 0;
public string Property2 = "Default Content";
public Label mylabel;

mylabel.Text = Property2;

InitializeComponent();
base.OnInit(e);
}

private void InitializeComponent()

Here's the web form I'm using it in:

<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="ServerControls.WebForm1" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="aspdnsf" Namespace="ServerControls" Assembly="ServerControls" %>
<head>
<title>WebForm1</title>
</head>
<aspdnsf:WebUserControl1 Property1=1 Property2="Hello" runat="server"/>
</form>