Simple way of turning -DNDEBUG off in distutils

Rick Muller

Is there a simple way of toggling the -DNDEBUG flag in the distutils
builds? I just realized that all of my assert statements were being
skipped because by default the distutils put in -DNDEBUG.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Michael Hudson

Is there a simple way of toggling the -DNDEBUG flag in the distutils
builds? I just realized that all of my assert statements were being
skipped because by default the distutils put in -DNDEBUG.

Well, one way is to build against a debug build of Python. There
might be some other way, but I don't know it...

Cheers,
mwh