Simple Web Form

John Rivers

Hi

I am new to ASP.NET and I am trying to create a very simple form

with one TextBox and one Button

which will update one record

The TextBox is data bound to: "select top 1 value from table"

I am using SqlDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet) and TextBox.DataBind()

I have setup the SqlDataAdapter UpdateCommand

what do I do next?

John

Guest

Have your code update the changed value from the databound TextBox into the
corresponding DataRow of your datasource, and pass it into the
SqlDataAdapter's Update method.
Peter

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

textbox do not support 2-way databinding. they must be in a control that
does, say the DetailView or FormView classes.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)