Simple Web Page Buttons

dorayme

Ray_Net said:
You are certainly true

Humans cannot be true even if they tried, and that is not because
they came through a biological process where deceit and cunning
contributed greatly to their evolution. But more to the point, to
whom are you referring?

Jonathan N. Little

Ray_Net said:
You are certainly true ...but:
1. It works.

Yes, but with the issues that I had listed...
2. It pass the W3C validator.

Ah, not quite. It will pass for legacy doctype, but nearly anything even
code-monkey specials often pass 4.01 Transitional, but it won't pass a
strict doctype on new code. Also there are CSS errors regardless of the
doctype.

Jonathan N. Little

Hot-Text said:
True
But is it not us the Webmasters,
job the Rework the Code,
so it can Pass all
the new 4.01 Transitional...

The issue at hand was not for legacy documents, but the use of obsolete
markup in *new* documents.

Ray_Net

In article <[email protected]>, (e-mail address removed)
says...

Thanks a lot, i will maintain onMouseOut bgColor #D1EEDC because it's
more adapted with the page background EDF8F1.However i will adopt your
suggestion: MouseOver bgColor #c0c0c0 because it looks more correct for
a button selection color.

Denis McMahon

We Start Like this:::

You really should consider strict, not transitional, compliance, unless
there's some feature you absolutely need that's incompatible with strict.

In the case of "simple web page buttons", I'm not sure what needs the
transitional DTD.

Rgds

Denis McMahon

Erwin Moller

License: Trialware
And Windows 7 is not in the list of Supported Systems.

It runs on Win7 in compatmode (use install-executable also in compat).
And the trial never really ends.
It just says at startup something like: "You are in day 2311 of your
30-day trial period."

Regards,
Erwin Moller

Ray_Net

They have changed the marketing focus of PSP toward photos. However,
all the other functions are still there so you CAN use it to create
buttons, drawings, etc.

Thanks for this info.
However, i think that after 30 days, the program will not work anymore.