    expensive. Suggestions?

    -John
    John Baima

    John Baima, Feb 1, 2007

  2. John Baima

    Guest

    On Jan 31, 9:57 pm, John Baima <> wrote:
    > Okay, so I know that there is probably not a "simple" XML editor, but
    > I would like something fairly lightweight that I can buy for someone
    > else so that they can edit an XML text that I've created (it's about 3
    > MB) with a XSD schema. I have XMLSpy 5.x Home Edition from a long time
    > ago and that was okay (more than I need really), but when I just went
    > to their site, I did not see anything less than a suite for $500.
    > Surely there has to be something smaller and less complicated and less
    > expensive. Suggestions?
    >
    > -John
    > John Baima

    Our XEntrant editor is "fairly lightweight" just 5.3 MB instalation
    package. How many elements/attributes is in that file? It doesn't
    depend as much on the size of the file as on those numbers.

    http://www.treestages.com

    , Feb 1, 2007

  3. John Baima

    John Baima Guest

    wrote:

    >On Jan 31, 9:57 pm, John Baima <> wrote:
    >> Okay, so I know that there is probably not a "simple" XML editor, but
    >> I would like something fairly lightweight that I can buy for someone
    >> else so that they can edit an XML text that I've created (it's about 3
    >> MB) with a XSD schema. I have XMLSpy 5.x Home Edition from a long time
    >> ago and that was okay (more than I need really), but when I just went
    >> to their site, I did not see anything less than a suite for $500.
    >> Surely there has to be something smaller and less complicated and less
    >> expensive. Suggestions?
    >>
    >> -John
    >> John Baima

    >Our XEntrant editor is "fairly lightweight" just 5.3 MB instalation
    >package. How many elements/attributes is in that file? It doesn't
    >depend as much on the size of the file as on those numbers.
    >
    >http://www.treestages.com

    I downloaded and I am taking a look at it. My WAG is that there are
    somewhere between 50,000 and 100,000 elements/attributes in the file.

    -John
    John Baima

    John Baima, Feb 1, 2007
  4. John Baima

    Guest

    > >Our XEntrant editor is "fairly lightweight" just 5.3 MB instalation
    > >package. How many elements/attributes is in that file? It doesn't
    > >depend as much on the size of the file as on those numbers.

    > >http://www.treestages.com

    > I downloaded and I am taking a look at it. My WAG is that there are
    > somewhere between 50,000 and 100,000 elements/attributes in the file.
    >
    > -John
    > John Baima

    50,000 might be manageable with a good computer,
    but 100,000 will be probably a problem.
    It is a graphical tree editor.

    But we are working on it.:)

    , Feb 1, 2007
  5. John Baima

    George Bina Guest

    Hi John,

    Try oXygen XML Editor
    http://www.oxygenxml.com
    You will get text, grid and tree views, full schema support, XSLT,
    XQuery, Diff, SVN, etc.
    The layout is configurable and you can save it to a file and set up
    oXygen to use that for layout so you can get it as simple or as
    complex as you want. You can even place the layout option at project
    level and get different layouts as you load different projects.
    (Note: I work for the company that produces oXygen)

    Best Regards,
    George
    George Cristian Bina
    http://www.oxygenxml.com

    George Bina, Feb 1, 2007
  6. John Baima

    John Baima Guest

    "George Bina" <> wrote:

    >Hi John,
    >
    >Try oXygen XML Editor
    >http://www.oxygenxml.com
    >You will get text, grid and tree views, full schema support, XSLT,
    >XQuery, Diff, SVN, etc.
    >The layout is configurable and you can save it to a file and set up
    >oXygen to use that for layout so you can get it as simple or as
    >complex as you want. You can even place the layout option at project
    >level and get different layouts as you load different projects.
    >(Note: I work for the company that produces oXygen)
    >
    >Best Regards,
    >George

    George,

    oXygen XML editor is far and away the fastest editor I've tried to
    open my XML text. I'm really impressed with the speed--it is quite
    remarkable. I looked at the text a little more and there is at least
    100,000 elements in the 3MB file and it opens on my machine in just a
    few seconds.

    Do you give competitive upgrades from XMLSpy? :) While wonderful, it
    really is a lot more than I need.

    -John

    John Baima

    John Baima, Feb 2, 2007
  7. John Baima

    George Bina Guest

    Hi John,

    Yes, we have a competitive upgrade program, see the Competitive
    Upgrade bubble in the right part of
    http://www.oxygenxml.com/buy.html
    Note that if you need it for non commercial use then the academic
    license is only USD 48.

    Regards,
    George
    George Cristian Bina
    http://www.oxygenxml.com

    George Bina, Feb 2, 2007
  8. John Baima

    John Baima Guest

    "George Bina" <> wrote:

    >Hi John,
    >
    >Yes, we have a competitive upgrade program, see the Competitive
    >Upgrade bubble in the right part of
    >http://www.oxygenxml.com/buy.html
    >Note that if you need it for non commercial use then the academic
    >license is only USD 48.

    Thanks, I did not see that and I was half joking but I will take you
    all up on it. It is mostly for academic purposes, but I have one
    commercial project so I will buy the pro version.

    -John

    John Baima, Feb 2, 2007
  9. Try Xml Notepad - it's free.

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...49-787D-4118-BA5F-4F30FE913628&displaylang=en

    --
    Stan Kitsis
    Program Manager, XML Technologies

    Stan Kitsis [MSFT], Feb 2, 2007
  10. On Jan 31, 9:57 pm, John Baima <> wrote:
    > Okay, so I know that there is probably not a "simple"XMLeditor, but
    > I would like something fairly lightweight that I can buy for someone
    > else so that they can edit anXMLtext that I've created (it's about 3
    > MB) with a XSD schema. I have XMLSpy 5.x Home Edition from a long time
    > ago and that was okay (more than I need really), but when I just went
    > to their site, I did not see anything less than a suite for $500.
    > Surely there has to be something smaller and less complicated and less
    > expensive. Suggestions?
    >
    > -John
    > John Baima

    the competitive upgrade to Stylus Studio 2007 XML Professional Edition
    is just $250. Competitve upgrade to Stylus Studio 2007 XML Enterprise
    Edition (CRN Magazine's product of the year) is just $350.
    Download from here: http://www.stylusstudio.com/xml_download.html

    The Stylus Studio Team
    http://www.stylusstudio.com/

    Stylus Studio, Feb 5, 2007
  11. John Baima

    Guest

    Liquid XML Studio contains a comprehensive graphical XSD editor, and
    best of all its FREE. We've been using it for quite a bit as our
    company won't stump up the cash for xmlspy. Its done pretty much
    everything we've wanted it to, and our schemas are pretty complex. I
    think the url is http://www.liquid-technologies.com.

    Cheers James

    , Mar 4, 2007