simpleJSON pack binary data

Andrey

Hi

I donno if this is the right place to ask for this question, anyway....

Is it possible to pack binary data into simplejson?

d={}
d['date'] = xxxxxx
d['name'] = xxxxxx
d['size'] = xxxxx

d['imageBinaryDataJpeg'] = jpegBinaryDataFromcStringIOStringIO

simplejson.dumps(d)

when i do this, it raises a UTF8 decode error, probably about the binary
image data

My question is, anyone will suggest a workaround to this error?
i really like to pack my raw image data into the JSON, so my other
programming script can read the array easily

Thanks
An K

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

My question is, anyone will suggest a workaround to this error?
i really like to pack my raw image data into the JSON, so my other
programming script can read the array easily

JSON is a text format so you have to encode the binary data somehow. I'd
use base64. It's available as codec for `str.encode()`/`str.decode()`.

In [10]: '\x00\xff\xaa'
Out[10]: '\x00\xff\xaa'

In [11]: '\x00\xff\xaa'.encode('base64')
Out[11]: 'AP+q\n'

In [12]: _.decode('base64')
Out[12]: '\x00\xff\xaa'

Ciao,