simplejson setup problem

Discussion in 'Python' started by Robin Becker, Dec 11, 2007.

  1. Robin Becker

    Robin Becker Guest

    I'm getting this error whilst building simplejson-1.7.3 with "setup.py install"
    on a win32 platform.

    creating build\bdist.win32\egg\EGG-INFO
    removing simplejson.egg-info\native_libs.txt
    copying simplejson.egg-info\PKG-INFO -> build\bdist.win32\egg\EGG-INFO
    copying simplejson.egg-info\SOURCES.txt -> build\bdist.win32\egg\EGG-INFO
    copying simplejson.egg-info\dependency_links.txt -> build\bdist.win32\egg\EGG-INFO
    copying simplejson.egg-info\entry_points.txt -> build\bdist.win32\egg\EGG-INFO
    error: can't copy 'simplejson.egg-info\native_libs.txt': doesn't exist or not a
    regular file
    "error: can't copy 'simplejson.egg-info\native_libs.txt': doesn't exist or not a
    regular file"

    I'm not sure whether this error is significant, but presumably it is because
    instead of just installing, the setup seems to be creating an egg and that bit
    is failing.

    Is there some easy way to avoid this broken egg syndrome and just use ordinary
    distutils?
    --
    Robin Becker
    Robin Becker, Dec 11, 2007