    vee_kay Guest

    Is there any simpler forum for C++. I feel this forum is advanced for a
    begineer
    vee_kay, Jan 28, 2005

  2. On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 03:16:33 -0800, vee_kay wrote:

    > Is there any simpler forum for C++. I feel this forum is advanced for a
    > begineer

    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++
    Simon Saunders, Jan 28, 2005

  3. vee_kay wrote:
    > Is there any simpler forum for C++. I feel this forum is advanced for

    > begineer

    You might want to look at alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++. However, I
    think that comp.lang.c++ and comp.lang.c++.moderated should be
    good for beginners, too: many of the C++ experts hang out in
    these forums and they will correct most false claims. Also, they
    will show how to really use C++. And often the experts even give
    more digestible answers to obvious or stated beginners.

    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ has a few C++ experts, too, but to me
    it is illuminating to also follow discussions of the experts
    whether I participate in the discussion or not. Also, if you
    have trouble understanding something, you will typically get a
    resonable answer if you ask about it (assuming that it is not
    covered in the FAQ, that is...).
    Dietmar Kuehl, Jan 28, 2005
  4. vee_kay

    enki Guest

    It depends on your questions. I find the people here great and will
    help you with just about any question you have. It is not that
    difficult to understand the very basics of the language. Somthing like
    C++ for dummies or learn C++ in 24 hours is will get you pretty far.
    Accelerated C++ will give the basics and teach good programming
    practice.

    I realy hope you have some questions I can answer.
    enki, Jan 28, 2005
  5. vee_kay

    osmium Guest

    "enki" writes:

    > It depends on your questions. I find the people here great and will
    > help you with just about any question you have.

    You're new here, aren't you?
    osmium, Jan 28, 2005
  6. "vee_kay" <> wrote in message
    > Is there any simpler forum for C++. I feel this forum is advanced for a
    > begineer

    I've been sitting here for a few months, reading this newsgroup, and
    learning.
    As suggested in another post, alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ (A.C.L.L.C-C++) is
    good for the very beginner to abuse :) .

    My suggestion is read both groups, and depending on your question - post to
    the newsgroup accordingly.

    If it's a very simple question, and you find no help through google, then
    the first place would be A.C.L.L.C-C++, and for more insightful/difficult
    questions I would post here.

    This newsgroup gives out good links and has interested discussions, so it's
    good to keep an eye open at all times in here.

    --
    =========
    Comp Whizz
    Computer Whizz, Jan 29, 2005
  7. vee_kay

    enki Guest

    No, I just posted under a different name, I am Joe C. This crazy
    google news reader just changed my name.
    enki, Jan 29, 2005
  8. vee_kay

    enki Guest

    try