simplest page in the world

Guest

hey all,
i have a web form with just a datagrid and on page load and not ispostback
it fills the dataset and binds to the datagrid and that's it.

i have a button that does nothing more than a postback. and when i push that
button and then i push the refresh button on the browser i get "cannot be
refreshed without resending..."

any ideas on how to resolved this?

thanks,
rodchar

Lucas Tam

i have a button that does nothing more than a postback. and when i
push that button and then i push the refresh button on the browser i
get "cannot be refreshed without resending..."

any ideas on how to resolved this?

Since data is postback between each page...I don't think you can navigate
between pages without resending data.

You can try using javascript's go.history(-1)... that seems to to allow you
to navigate without resending data.

Marina

This is standard behavior when you refresh a page that is the result of a
POST (which is what happens when you click a button). It has nothing to do
with ASP.NET.

As far as I know, you would either have to stay away from POST operations in
your web application and do everything with redirects, or live with it.

Mark Rae

i have a web form with just a datagrid and on page load and not ispostback
it fills the dataset and binds to the datagrid and that's it.

i have a button that does nothing more than a postback. and when i push
that
button and then i push the refresh button on the browser i get "cannot be
refreshed without resending..."

any ideas on how to resolved this?

How to resolve what? What you're seeing is perfectly normal behaviour.

Patrice

Normal behavior. When you hit the button it POST some data to the server.
Hitting rfresh just repeats the last querty and it ask before resending...