Simplest Solution for Repeat Update???

Guest

Hi...

Can someone please tell me the simplest solution to create an update page
for a menu I have on an asp.net website...

Basiclly I have 10 menu and 10 price fields that change every day! I want to
stor the information in an SQL Database and have created a very simple table
with with the following fields:

menuID
Item
Price

HTML...
<TR vAlign="top" align="left">
<TD width="50"> </TD>
<TD width="10"> </TD>
<TD width="75">
<P>Item 1:</P>
</TD>
<TD width="10"> </TD>
<TD width="200"><asp:textbox id="tbMenuItem1" runat="server" Width="200px"
Height="18px"></asp:textbox></TD>
<TD width="10"> </TD>
<TD width="75">
<P>Price (DK):
</P>
</TD>
<TD><asp:textbox id="tbMenuPrice1" runat="server" Width="50px"
Height="18px"></asp:textbox></TD>
</TR>
<TR vAlign="top" align="left">
<TD width="50"> </TD>
<TD width="10"> </TD>
<TD width="75">
<P>Item 1:</P>
</TD>
<TD width="10"> </TD>
<TD width="200"><asp:textbox id="tbMenuItem2" runat="server" Width="200px"
Height="18px"></asp:textbox></TD>
<TD width="10"> </TD>
<TD width="75">
<P>Price (DK):
</P>
</TD>
<TD><asp:textbox id="tbMenuPrice2" runat="server" Width="50px"
Height="18px"></asp:textbox></TD>
</TR>

Can you do it something like this???
Any examples or help would be very appritiated...

Thanks

S. Justin Gengo

Tim,

I'm not certain why you are using text boxes...

Do people need to be able to enter in text? Or just view it? Based on what
you've said here it sounds like just view it. And in that case I'd use a
datagrid. It has a lot of built in formatting and will display all data in a
table format automatically for you directly from the database.

Here's a tutorial that shows various databinding techniques. It will show
you how to bind to your textboxes and how to use a datagrid if that's a
better choice for you (I think it is):

http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/

--
Sincerely,