Simplest way to do Python/Ajax with server and client on same machine?

Kenneth McDonald

I'm doing some work with a Python program that works hand-in-hand with
the DOM on a local client (processing DOM events, issuing DOM
modification commands, etc.) I'm currently using cherrypy as the Python
server for this communication, and simple AJAX on the client browser
end. This works just fine, I'm simply wondering if there is a better
(even easier) way to do this, if there are libraries I'm not aware of
that I should be, etc.

Thanks,
Ken

Adonis Vargas

Kenneth said:
I'm doing some work with a Python program that works hand-in-hand with
the DOM on a local client (processing DOM events, issuing DOM
modification commands, etc.) I'm currently using cherrypy as the Python
server for this communication, and simple AJAX on the client browser
end. This works just fine, I'm simply wondering if there is a better
(even easier) way to do this, if there are libraries I'm not aware of
that I should be, etc.

Thanks,
Ken

You can try looking into PyJamas its a Python version of Google Web
Toolkit, offers a way to create AJAX apps using Python code.

Hope this helps.

Adonis

John J. Lee

Adonis Vargas said:
You can try looking into PyJamas its a Python version of Google Web
Toolkit, offers a way to create AJAX apps using Python code.

Have a look at TurboGears too.

Both are still pretty new. Pyjamas is very new, so I'd certainly
think twice about using it for production work right now.

John