Simplified Chinese

Paulo

On a sql server column I have some words translated to chinese. But what I
have to do to asp shows it correctly on the page?
Because it shows little rectangules/squares when I do a select on the
Management Studio...

But if I copy and past the field's content on ManagementStudio IDE, it shows
me the chinese character correctly... This behaviour must be on site (asp
pages)

Thank you!

Meelis Lilbok

Use UTF-8 Encoding(<meta HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;
charset=UTF-8">)
and set Session.CodePage=65001

BR;
Mex

Paulo

Tried it, but shows a lot of "????" interrogations on the page. I dont know
if there's something to be set on the server (my development machine)
running XP SP3 and SQL2k8...

Paulo

Hi, I got it... when I did a loop on the sql table using asp.net
SqlDataReader it responsed to screen (browser) the characterers correctly.

But my system is using classic asp. And it is not working... I have to read
some articles to try something on old platforms like asp, maybe it's not
prepared.

Tang Heng

The encoding is GB2312.