Simplified Docbook as XML schema?

Stephan Kurpjuweit

Hi!

I am looking for a simplified Docbook XML schema. As far as I know,
"Simplified Docbook" only exists as DTD, right? Could you please send me
pointers or ideas that might be useful for me?

Thank you!
Stephan

Martin Honnen

Stephan said:
I am looking for a simplified Docbook XML schema. As far as I know,
"Simplified Docbook" only exists as DTD, right? Could you please send me
pointers or ideas that might be useful for me?

I think there is software around that can convert a DTD to a W3C XML
schema, you might want to google for that.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCrgen_Kahrs?=

Stephan said:
I am looking for a simplified Docbook XML schema. As far as I know,
"Simplified Docbook" only exists as DTD, right? Could you please send me
pointers or ideas that might be useful for me?

You could generate your own "simplified DocBook schema.
Take DocBook files that are important to you and use
a script that analyses their content. This program then
produces a Schema file, describing all elements found.
I have written such a script myself, but my script
produces a DTD, not a Schema.

s. caillibotte

Stephan said:
I am looking for a simplified Docbook XML schema. As far as I know,
"Simplified Docbook" only exists as DTD, right?

With latest release of Docbook NG (relax NG support for Docbook, new
version 5), Norman Walsh also provided Simplified Docbook NG

http://norman.walsh.name/2005/04/12/kahlua
http://docbook.org/docbook-ng/simple/kahlua/

You can download grammar in two flavours rng (xml syntax) and rnc
(compact syntax). With that you obtain a richer grammar than DTD, and
even more than what an XML schema may provide.

Could you please send me
pointers or ideas that might be useful for me?

If you really need w3c xml schema you can convert existing grammar in a
dtd using trang http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/trang-manual.html

Sylvain