    pointers or ideas that might be useful for me?

    Thank you!
    Stephan
    Stephan Kurpjuweit, Apr 15, 2005

  2. Stephan Kurpjuweit wrote:

    > I am looking for a simplified Docbook XML schema. As far as I know,
    > "Simplified Docbook" only exists as DTD, right? Could you please send me
    > pointers or ideas that might be useful for me?

    I think there is software around that can convert a DTD to a W3C XML
    schema, you might want to google for that.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Apr 15, 2005

  3. Stephan Kurpjuweit wrote:

    > I am looking for a simplified Docbook XML schema. As far as I know,
    > "Simplified Docbook" only exists as DTD, right? Could you please send me
    > pointers or ideas that might be useful for me?

    You could generate your own "simplified DocBook schema.
    Take DocBook files that are important to you and use
    a script that analyses their content. This program then
    produces a Schema file, describing all elements found.
    I have written such a script myself, but my script
    produces a DTD, not a Schema.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCrgen_Kahrs?=, Apr 15, 2005
  4. Stephan Kurpjuweit wrote:

    > I am looking for a simplified Docbook XML schema. As far as I know,
    > "Simplified Docbook" only exists as DTD, right?

    With latest release of Docbook NG (relax NG support for Docbook, new
    version 5), Norman Walsh also provided Simplified Docbook NG

    http://norman.walsh.name/2005/04/12/kahlua
    http://docbook.org/docbook-ng/simple/kahlua/

    You can download grammar in two flavours rng (xml syntax) and rnc
    (compact syntax). With that you obtain a richer grammar than DTD, and
    even more than what an XML schema may provide.

    > Could you please send me
    > pointers or ideas that might be useful for me?

    If you really need w3c xml schema you can convert existing grammar in a
    dtd using trang http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/trang-manual.html

    Sylvain
    s. caillibotte, Apr 17, 2005