    Check it out from http://metaplay.com.au/svn/LGT or download the
    tarball from http://metaplay.com.au/tarballs/LGT.tar.bz2

    Simon Wittber.

    Simon Wittber, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Simon Wittber

    Paul McGuire Guest

    "Simon Wittber" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > LGT is a lightweight wrapper over pygame and PyOpenGL which simplifies
    > 2D sprite creation, translation, scaling, rotation and animation for
    > those of us who want a higher level abstraction of OpenGL and the
    > graphics hardware.
    >
    > Features include:
    >
    > * Any dimension texture loading
    > * Sprite strip based animated sprites
    > * Constant co-ordinate system across resolutions
    > * Lightweight MVC layer for input and screen events
    > * Sprite groups
    > * Simulated concurrent processing
    > * Fast alpha blending
    >
    > Check it out from http://metaplay.com.au/svn/LGT or download the
    > tarball from http://metaplay.com.au/tarballs/LGT.tar.bz2
    >
    > Simon Wittber.

    Very cool looking, but only one of your tutorial examples (tutorial.py) runs
    successfully. The others (plat.py, adv_tutorial.py, and animatedSprite.py)
    all appear to use an old API.

    Your NanoThreads threadpool (simulating threads with generators) works very
    well, without the overhead of actual threads.

    At some point, I may reimplement some of my sprite-centric Java applets to
    try this out.

    -- Paul

    Paul McGuire, Oct 22, 2004