Simplified Hardware Accelerated 2D Graphics

Simon Wittber

LGT is a lightweight wrapper over pygame and PyOpenGL which simplifies
2D sprite creation, translation, scaling, rotation and animation for
those of us who want a higher level abstraction of OpenGL and the
graphics hardware.

Features include:

* Any dimension texture loading
* Sprite strip based animated sprites
* Constant co-ordinate system across resolutions
* Lightweight MVC layer for input and screen events
* Sprite groups
* Simulated concurrent processing
* Fast alpha blending

Check it out from http://metaplay.com.au/svn/LGT or download the
tarball from http://metaplay.com.au/tarballs/LGT.tar.bz2

Simon Wittber.

Paul McGuire

Simon Wittber said:
LGT is a lightweight wrapper over pygame and PyOpenGL which simplifies
2D sprite creation, translation, scaling, rotation and animation for
those of us who want a higher level abstraction of OpenGL and the
graphics hardware.

Features include:

* Any dimension texture loading
* Sprite strip based animated sprites
* Constant co-ordinate system across resolutions
* Lightweight MVC layer for input and screen events
* Sprite groups
* Simulated concurrent processing
* Fast alpha blending

Check it out from http://metaplay.com.au/svn/LGT or download the
tarball from http://metaplay.com.au/tarballs/LGT.tar.bz2

Simon Wittber.

Very cool looking, but only one of your tutorial examples (tutorial.py) runs
successfully. The others (plat.py, adv_tutorial.py, and animatedSprite.py)
all appear to use an old API.

Your NanoThreads threadpool (simulating threads with generators) works very
well, without the overhead of actual threads.

At some point, I may reimplement some of my sprite-centric Java applets to
try this out.

-- Paul