    layout and simplifying them? I am not talking about off-line browsers
    or copying source text. I prefer remove all advertisements and
    superfluous code (even include class IDs). Thanks!
    Robert, Nov 30, 2004

  2. On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:26:57 -0800, Robert wrote:

    > I am not talking about off-line browsers
    > or copying source text.

    Then what are you talking about?

    --
    Jeffrey D. Silverman |
    Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

    Drop "PANTS" to reply by email
    Jeffrey Silverman, Nov 30, 2004

    <snip!>

    links --dump http://www.example.com

    Jeffrey Silverman, Nov 30, 2004
  4. Robert

    Sjeef Guest

    Robert wrote:
    > I often find myself copying technical support documents and creating
    > html archives for viewing without a platform specific application. If
    > I copy the source code, then the html code is often a mess. HTMLTidy
    > helps in some scenarios, but the code require massaging to fit my
    > streamline html format. So I often find myself recreating the page.
    > Sometimes, I copy the plain text and paste in Dreamweaver layout view.
    > My question relates to recreating simple list by copying and paste
    > text. For example, if the text has multiple number and bullet lists,
    > could a copy & paste technique add the relevant <ol>/<ul> tags.
    >
    > Does anyone have any recommendation for tools on copying webpage
    > layout and simplifying them? I am not talking about off-line browsers
    > or copying source text. I prefer remove all advertisements and
    > superfluous code (even include class IDs). Thanks!

    Working with the HTML-Kit (imcluding Tidy) goes very fast and easy.
    You can download it at: www.chami.com

    --
    Regards,

    Gerard Schaefers
    Voor meer kook- en eetplezier? Kijk hier!
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~sjeef/Nederlands/recepten.html
    Sjeef, Dec 1, 2004
  5. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Robert <robert-neville310
    @> writing in news::

    > I often find myself copying technical support documents and creating
    > html archives for viewing without a platform specific application. If
    > I copy the source code, then the html code is often a mess. HTMLTidy
    > helps in some scenarios, but the code require massaging to fit my
    > streamline html format. So I often find myself recreating the page.
    > Sometimes, I copy the plain text and paste in Dreamweaver layout view.
    > My question relates to recreating simple list by copying and paste
    > text. For example, if the text has multiple number and bullet lists,
    > could a copy & paste technique add the relevant <ol>/<ul> tags.
    >
    > Does anyone have any recommendation for tools on copying webpage
    > layout and simplifying them? I am not talking about off-line browsers
    > or copying source text. I prefer remove all advertisements and
    > superfluous code (even include class IDs). Thanks!

    HTML-Kit has some plugins that will do that. The plugins will wrap
    <li>'s or headings and <p> elements, whichever you need,
    http://www.chami.com/html-kit/plugins/ .

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    Please respond to the Group so others can share
    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 4, 2004
  6. Robert

    Neal Guest

    Robert:

    > Thanks for the suggestion.

    What suggestion? No quote, we don't even know to whom you're replying...

    (Hint: Quote and attribute.)
    Neal, Dec 8, 2004
  7. Robert

    Robert Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion. HTML-Kit with the Tidy works. The learning
    curve is significant for the advance stuff (like Batch Actions), but
    it does some interesting stuff. Its strength for purpose lies in
    conjunction with other tools in my arsenal.
    Robert, Dec 8, 2004
  8. Robert

    Jim Michaels Guest

    if you have MS Word, you can copy the HTML to Word, which keeps the
    formatting, copy from word and paste into dreamweaver and you will get your
    lists.

    Jim Michaels, Feb 1, 2006