Simulation error

Madan Mohan KM

Hi all,
I have this error in top level simulations instancing xilinxcorlib
generated FIFO, where as the component
fif02kx16.vhd(generated from the xilinx corelib) is working fine
indipendently for test cases. Please suggest me how could I go ahead
solving this simulation error! Please refer the xilinxcorelib
components w.r.t to messages below.

please observe, this is the comments on the VCS(speedwave) command
window....
I can send the code of instance..VHDL for your reference too.

*********
WBM FIFO Initialization Starts.... 0 NS
RESET for 100ns.... 0 NS
**Assertion WARNING: There is an 'U'|'X'|'W'|'Z'|'-' in an arithmetic
operand,
the result will be 'X'(es).
** Occurred on line 63 of package body STD_LOGIC_ARITH
while
executing instance /COMP_WBM
** at delta 2 of time 8 ns.
**Runtime Error: Result of -(-2147483648) is out of range defined by
(-2147483648
TO 2147483647)
** Occurred on line 138 of package body SYNC_FIFO_PKG_V3_0
while executing instance /COMP_WBM/WBM_FIF0/U0
** at delta 2 of time 8 ns.
Simulation stopped in /COMP_WBM/WBM_FIF0/U0/READ_COUNTER, file
E:\Raksha_compiled_libs\XILINXCORELIB\sync_fifo_v3_0.vhd,
line 196.
Thanks in Advance,
Madan

Eyck Jentzsch

Madan,
without any code it's impossible to help, but as a first guess you seem
to forgot an initialization of an integer ...

-Eyck