Simulation error

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Madan Mohan KM, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. Hi all,
    I have this error in top level simulations instancing xilinxcorlib
    generated FIFO, where as the component
    fif02kx16.vhd(generated from the xilinx corelib) is working fine
    indipendently for test cases. Please suggest me how could I go ahead
    solving this simulation error! Please refer the xilinxcorelib
    components w.r.t to messages below.

    please observe, this is the comments on the VCS(speedwave) command
    window....
    I can send the code of instance..VHDL for your reference too.

    *********
    WBM FIFO Initialization Starts.... 0 NS
    RESET for 100ns.... 0 NS
    **Assertion WARNING: There is an 'U'|'X'|'W'|'Z'|'-' in an arithmetic
    operand,
    the result will be 'X'(es).
    ** Occurred on line 63 of package body STD_LOGIC_ARITH
    while
    executing instance /COMP_WBM
    ** at delta 2 of time 8 ns.
    **Runtime Error: Result of -(-2147483648) is out of range defined by
    (-2147483648
    TO 2147483647)
    ** Occurred on line 138 of package body SYNC_FIFO_PKG_V3_0
    while executing instance /COMP_WBM/WBM_FIF0/U0
    ** at delta 2 of time 8 ns.
    Simulation stopped in /COMP_WBM/WBM_FIF0/U0/READ_COUNTER, file
    E:\Raksha_compiled_libs\XILINXCORELIB\sync_fifo_v3_0.vhd,
    line 196.
    Thanks in Advance,
    Madan

    Madan Mohan KM, Jan 31, 2004

  2. Madan,
    without any code it's impossible to help, but as a first guess you seem
    to forgot an initialization of an integer ...

    -Eyck

    Eyck Jentzsch, Feb 2, 2004