    ERROR:Simulator:29 - at 0 ns : Index 19 out of bound 15 downto 0.

    Does anyone can advice that how can I get rid of this error?

    John

    john, Feb 5, 2007

  2. john schrieb:

    > ERROR:Simulator:29 - at 0 ns : Index 19 out of bound 15 downto 0.
    >
    > Does anyone can advice that how can I get rid of this error?

    Read the error - it is self-explaining.

    You have declared a signal with the range (15 downto 0) and you try to
    access bit 19 - wich does not exist in this vector.
    Because it happens at 0 ns - at the begin of the simulation - it may be
    a problem of the rest value of your index variable.

    Ralf

    Ralf Hildebrandt, Feb 5, 2007

  3. john

    john Guest

    Hi,

    The problem is that I am not doing that!!

    John

    john, Feb 5, 2007
  4. john schrieb:

    > The problem is that I am not doing that!!

    The simulator is "always" right.

    Try to make a minimal example. Try to eliminate everything, that is not
    needed and try to find the location of the "error". You may post tThis
    minimal example here, but I guess after searching for this "error" you
    will find the reason for it.

    Ralf

    Ralf Hildebrandt, Feb 5, 2007
  5. john

    SKeffect Guest

    why don't you post the code for better understanding of the problem!

    SKeffect, Feb 6, 2007