    folder results in the application restarting, so all classes in the
    application have to be reloaded with either approach when a change is
    made.
    thejeffross, Jun 4, 2010

  2. thejeffross

    Patrice Guest

    Hello,

    > When building a website in ASP.Net, are there any advantages to
    > compiling everything into multiple DLLs (one per .aspx, .ascx, etc) in
    > the website project model vs. the single DLL generated by a web
    > application project?

    I saw a paper mentionning less work to load those multiple DLLs...

    > I can see the benefit of having multiple DLLs in that you can replace
    > the DLL corresponding to one codebehind file and not worry about
    > deploying unwanted code somewhere else on the site, but are there any
    > other advantages?

    Compilation time as some code is moved in a DLL and doesn't need to be
    compiled if you don't touch this particular project...

    IMHO always favor what makes senses from an architectural point of view
    (i.e. likely by layers as a start). It will fit unless you are at extremes
    (such as a mega site in a single DLL or a site made of hundreds of DLLs) and
    micro-optimization are irrelevant against having a manageable architecturen,
    readable code, etc...

    --
    Patrice
    Patrice, Jun 4, 2010